1. Tim Burton may have messed up a little with Disney's "Alice in Wonderland", but he is still one of the most talented Hollywood directors, who manages to create unforgettable dark stories. He is in charge for upcoming "Dark Shadows", and this time he can't disappoint us.
2. One great man is in, so we need two more. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter are those actors without whom I can't imagine Burton's creation at all. And if those two team up with the latter everyone knows the film is going to be magical and crazy in a good way.
3. Its genre is a gothic-horror tale, which is rare, but very impressive to watch. Creepy decorations, mystical locations, old manor... It will give us lots of chills, but in a very pleasant way.
4. Danny Elfman, who made some great scores for animated musicals as "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and "Corpse Bride", now is writing a soundtrack for "Dark Shadows". If there is a song, I guarantee it will become very famous.
5. This film is based on the old TV series of the same name, which is No. 19 in TV Guide's list of the 25 Top Cult Shows Ever! along with "Star Trek", "The Simpsons", "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" etc. Plus it has a very high IMDB rating (8.2). Promising, isn't it?
6. The main events happen mostly with one clan, which proves again that some families have lots of skeletons in their closet.
7. There will be blood, because where a vampire goes, death comes along him. It isn't going to be very violent, more like "Sleepy Hollow" style, but this time Depp's character won't faint every time he sees blood.
8. Makeup is an important part of creating the characters, especially when some of them aren't alive. If you saw at least one promo picture you know that makeup artists did a great job making them very unlike themselves. It's not the first time Johnny Depp wears eyeliner, but this time he doesn't look like Captain Jack Sparrow at all.
9. Besides Depp and Bonham Carter, the cast includes other good actors - Michelle Pfeiffer, Jonny Lee Miller, Eva Green and legendary Christopher Lee. They also can't mess up this film.
10. "Dark Shadows" will be out in May, so we have some time to catch up watching its original TV series, and probably in a month or so we'll get a first trailer. I think it is a perfect timing, because it isn't very short or very long time to wait (unlike "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", which I've already expected for two years and there is still left so many months to its premiere).
Picture - Dark Shadows news page