17/12/2011

Top-15 Christmas film posters

Christmas is coming and I remembered that I haven't posted a single entry about this wonderful holiday, which is widely described in different kind of films. While I was making a new festive header for this blog (by the way, do you like it?) I saw a bunch of great posters for my favourite Christmas films. For this post I tried to choose best of them.

Click to enlarge the poster you like.

1."How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (2000)
Simple and very mysterious poster starring Jim Carrey's green fluffy hand. That broken decoration says more about its main character than the plot.


2."A Christmas Carol" (2009)
This version of Dickens' legendary novel has plenty of good posters, but the German one is my favourite. Dark with bright silhouette of Ebenezer Scrooge made from the Ghost of Christmas Past looks very Gothic and festive as the story itself.


3."Home Alone" (1990)
Screaming Kevin, toasted Harry and ironed Marv are my all time favourite characters. Better those burglars haven't messed with that kid, even if he is home alone.


4."Christmas Vacation" (1989)
Poor Chevy Chase...


5."Jingle All the Way" (1996)
Crazy poster for a crazy film.


6."Scrooged" (1988)
Modern adaptation got a very freaked out Bill Murray on its poster. I like that he gets a light from a ghost.


7."Bad Santa" (2003)
Very bad and very Santa. As its tagline says, "He doesn't care if you're naughty or nice." Lauren Graham definitely is naughty.


8."Elf" (2003)
This one made me laugh so hard. I know it's a bit rude to cut off the head of the main character, but it perfectly shows us what's wrong with him and why he is a very unique elf.


9."Home Alone 2" (1992)
What could be better than New York looking like a huge skating rink?


10."It's a Wonderful Life" (1946)
Happy family, Christmas tree and love - everything good you can find in this film, you can see on this poster.


11."A Garfield Christmas Special" (1987)
Everyone knows that you should keep your pets away from your Christmas tree, and this case isn't an exception.


12."Arthur Christmas" (2011)
They've made a Christmas tree from all main characters. Plus I like its green and red colours.


13."Love Actually" (2003)
All great actors and actresses wrapped together as a one big present for us.


14."Surviving Christmas" (2004)
We know it's a very stressful time of the year, but we love it still. This poster is about those unexpected (unwanted) presents, which can literally kick you off your feet.


15."The Polar Express" (2004)
A magnificent train and a young kid, who is delighted by his future Christmas trip. And the snow falls down slowly... Just perfect.


If I haven't included your favourite one, leave a comment, I'll consider it.

No comments:

Post a Comment