26/02/2012

Oscar 2012 - WINNERS

The ceremony was wonderful. I haven't slept all night watching it and I was very exited about it.

Billy Crystal was the perfect host. I liked how Emma Stone, Chris Rock, Angelina Jolie, Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis presented the nominees. And Robert Downey Jr. did great, when he said, "I'm filming a documentary called 'The Presenter'..."

It was a triumph of "The Artist". Three main awards now are coming to France. Yay! "Hugo", which had 11 nominations, won 5 Oscars in technical nominations.

I hate that "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2" was gracefully ignored. One of the highest rated films of the year, which kids and adults loved, didn't get any Oscar.

Christopher Plummer asked his Oscar, "you are only two years older than me, where have you been all my life?" And he became the oldest person who won the Oscar ever. Octavia Spencer got her statuette and was very emotional accepting it, which made me think about how I would act, if I won one myself. I just faint on the stage and that would be all. I liked Alexander Payne's speech, but why didn't Woody Allen show up? Michel Hazanavicius thanked even the dog Uggie. And  Meryl Streep didn't forget to joke about her being nominated for so many years.

Sacha Baron Cohen said, "I wanted to make something I'd like to watch. Happens that I like watch sick stuff." He disappointed me, when he dispelled 'ashes' over the red carpet. It was sick.

James Earl Jones, Oprah Winfrey and makeup artist Dick Smith got their honorary Oscars for working so hard for us. A tribute to those who passed away was very touching. I broke, when I saw Whitney Houston. So many talented people are gone, but I hope many talented people were born this year.

Many of the winners were predicted by me (and many people around the world), but I think it is a good thing. We knew who was great and the Academy Awards just confirmed it.

Best Picture
"The Artist"



Best Director
Michel Hazanavicius ("The Artist")


Best Actor
Jean Dujardin in "The Artist"


Best Actress
Meryl Streep in "The Iron Lady"


Best Supporting Actor
Christopher Plummer in "Beginners"


Best Supporting Actress
Octavia Spencer in "The Help"


Best Adapted Screenplay
"The Descendants" Screenplay by Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon, Jim Rash


Best Original Screenplay
"Midnight in Paris" Written by Woody Allen

Best Animated Film
"Rango" by Gore Verbinski


Best Foreign Language Film
"A Separation" Iran

Art Direction
"Hugo" Production Design: Dante Ferretti; Set Decoration: Francesca Lo Schiavo

Cinematography
"Hugo" Robert Richardson

Best Costume Design
"The Artist" Mark Bridges

Best Documentary (Feature)
"Undefeated" TJ Martin, Dan Lindsay and Richard Middlemas


Best Documentary (Short Subject)
"Saving Face" Daniel Junge and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy

Best Film Editing
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" Kirk Baxter and Angus Wall

Best Make-up
"The Iron Lady" Mark Coulier and J. Roy Helland

Best Original Score
"The Artist" Ludovic Bource

Best Original Song
"Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets" Music and Lyric by Bret McKenzie

Best Short Film (Animated)
"The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore" William Joyce and Brandon Oldenburg

Best Short Film (Live Action)
"The Shore" Terry George and Oorlagh George

Best Sound Editing
"Hugo" Philip Stockton and Eugene Gearty

Best Sound Mixing
"Hugo" Tom Fleischman and John Midgley

Best Visual Effects
"Hugo" Rob Legato, Joss Williams, Ben Grossman and Alex Henning

No comments:

Post a Comment