11/06/2011

"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" (2003) - Captain Jack Sparrow's memorable quotes

Yes, I love this character portrayed by talented Johnny Depp. I'm sure that without him "Pirates of the Caribbean" couldn't become as popular as movie is now. And without him the last movie wouldn't become so successful (it's already got $812,827,494!). His character is comic, arrogant, selfish and ready to do everything for his own good even his friends can die because of him. But still, Captain Jack Sparrow is a true pirate. Here are my favorite quotes by him from the first movie of the trilogy.


"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl"

Jack Sparrow: "Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out. "

Norrington:Well, well... Jack Sparrow, isn't it?
Jack
Sparrow: Captain Jack Sparrow, if you please, sir.
Norrington:
Well, I don't see your ship...Captain.
Jack
Sparrow: I'm in the market as it were.

Norrington:  "No additional shot nor powder. A compass that doesn't point north. And I half expected it to be made of wood. You are without doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of."
Jack Sparrow: "But you have heard of me."
 
Jack Sparrow:
"You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?"

Jack Sparrow:  “Gentlemen, my lady. You will always remember this as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow.”

Jack Sparrow: "Worry about your own fortunes, gentlemen. The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutineers." 

Jack Sparrow: "I know those cannons. It's the Pearl. "
Man in Jail: "The Black Pearl? I've heard stories. She's been preying on ships and settlements for near ten years. Never leaves any survivors. "
Jack Sparrow: "No survivors? Then where do the stories come from, I wonder?"

Jack Sparrow:  "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you can’t. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you’ll have to square with that some day. And me, for example, I can let you drown, but I can’t bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesies, savvy? So, can you sail under the command of a pirate, or can you not?" 

Jack Sparrow: "Put it away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again."
Will Turner: "You didn't beat me. you ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd killed you."
Jack Sparrow: "Then that's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?"

Jack Sparrow: "Son...I'm Captain Jack Sparrow. Savvy?"

Jack Sparrow: "One question about your business, boy, or there's no use going: This girl... how far are you willing to go to save her? "
Will Turner: "I'd die for her. "
Jack Sparrow: "Oh good. No worries then."

Jack Sparrow: "That's the second time I've had to watch that man sail away with my ship."

Jack Sparrow: "When I get the Pearl back, I'm gonna teach it to the whole crew, and we'll sing it all the time."

Jack Sparrow: "Stop blowing holes in my ship!"

Will Turner: 'Where's Elizabeth?"
Jack Sparrow: "She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."

Jack Sparrow: "A wedding! I love weddings...drinks all around! I know. "Clap him in irons," right?"

Jack Sparrow: "Elizabeth. It would never have worked out between us, darling."

No comments:

Post a Comment