14/11/2011

"The Hunger Games" (2012) - First trailer

I came home just in time for the premiere of '"The Hunger Games"' trailer. Many people say it's "awesome", but I wasn't impressed so much.

"The Hunger Games" is directed by Gary Ross, who is famous for "Seabiscuit" (2003) and Pleasantville (1998). This story has to be an interesting action film, but characters talk more than act. If there are many "awesome" scenes, trailer doesn't show them. Pity.

Jennifer Lawrence, who portrays the main heroine, Katniss Everdeen, was good in "X-Men: First Class". But now I was comparing her to... Kristen Stewart the whole time, and it's not a compliment. I liked her in one scene, when her Katniss disagreed with that lady in pink - true horror on her face was very dramatic.

I can't say anything about Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth, because they had just a few seconds here. But I don't expect from them too much.

Do I like "The Hunger Games" so far? I'm not very excited about this adaptation. They have now equal chances to screw this up or to make a good film. Ask me again after the third trailer.

Release date - March 23, 2012.

You can also watch it in HD on iTunes movie trailers.

More about "The Hunger Games" (2012)!



So do you add this film to your waiting list or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment