24/07/2011

"Drive" (2011) - Red Band Trailer

This story is about a stunt performer, played by Ryan Gosling, who sometimes works as getaway driver. Director Nicolas Winding Refn said about his movie: "Being realistic is OK, but it's not necessarily very interesting. We weren't aiming to make a documentary. But we wanted to strike a balance so that the film wouldn't become over-stylised." For him it wasn't usual to make movies at Hollywood, so he told how it feels to make movie there: "It was extraordinary, I was in this house with a swimming pool and an orange grove, it was mythical for me to be in that place. And the incredible thing was that everybody was helping me, while I had all these negative preconceptions. The producers were always there for me. I was able to make the movie I wanted to make." Other characters in "Drive" are portrayed by actors Carey Mulligan, Bruce Cranston, Christina Hendricks and Ron Perlman. Finally, I want to add that some critics are impressed by their performances and really enjoyed the movie and Nicolas Winding Refn got Prix de la mise en scène (Best Director Award) at the 64th Cannes Film Festival because of this movie.

Clip

Report from Cannes Film Festival (with pictures)

64th Cannes Film Festival - The End (all winners)

Red Band Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment